Do you regularly mutter under your breath about your thinning hair? Male pattern hair loss can cause you to feel less than handsome. But, you could also be experiencing something called erectile dysfunction (also referred to as ED.) It may feel like adding insult to injury if you have combo ED and hair loss. Luckily, there is a convenient solution to effectively manage male pattern hair loss and ED. But it may require you to consider which is more important to you.
Medical Prescriptions for Male Pattern Hair Loss Can Be An Answer
Remember when you were young? Did you ever think you’d experience male pattern hair loss? You might have if you looked at family pictures and saw relatives with thin hair or a bald head. But, when we are young we only think about what’s happening at that age.
Some men feel more comfortable with a full head of hair. Yes, they could wear a toupee but that might not be the same thing as having their own full head of hair.
If you believe it’s important to maintain or have hair a medical doctor can prescribe a medicine called finasteride (Propecia, Proscar.) This medicine does grow hair. However, one of the common side effects is ED.
The body changes as we age. There is no stopping the aging process. But it can be a difficult challenge deciding if you want to have hair at the expense of creating ED.
The most common medicine prescribed for hair growth, only available for use by men, comes with possible side effects. Please read the following list:
- Abnormal ejaculation
- Decrease in blood prostate specific antigen (PSA)
- Extended unpleasant side effects of taking finasteride even after you stop taking this drug
- Inability or difficulty being able to achieve an orgasm
- Causing your nose to regularly run
- Skin rash
- Such intense lightheadedness you feel like you might pass out
- Losing interest in having sex at all
- Swelling of different body parts such as your hands or feet
- Swelling in or breast tenderness
There are two (actually three) choices here. It’s a test between the three. You will choose to take medication to grow hair knowing you most likely will also experience ED. If you also experience ED, there is yet another medication you can take to manage that condition. Or, you can choose what is most important to you.
- Accept that bald is beautiful and see yourself as handsome and attractive with no hair and reduce the chances of experiencing ED
- Accept that having hair is really important to you, take medication for that and for ED if it occurs
- Accept that having hair is really important to you and if you experience ED, you can decide if you’d like to no longer be sexually active.
Can you pass this test? The choice is yours.
Have questions about deciding to grow hair back and take the medication for the rest of your life to keep hair growing? Maybe you need guidance about whether or not to take this medication at the loss of having intimate relations. Whatever your questions may be about male pattern hair loss and ED, we are here for you.
Contact our office by email at https://immediatecareonline.com/contact-us/ with your questions. Please visit our website page that covers both these concerns at https://immediatecareonline.com/combo-ed-and-hair-loss/.
If you want help fast, here’s how you get started:
- Conveniently initiate contact with us by filling out an online questionnaire.
- Once we receive it, we email you.
- A phone call may be necessary but is made on an as need basis and is not part of our normal procedure.
Our fully licensed medical team is available to treat your male pattern hair loss and ED concerns. To get started now, just fill in your zip code and continue filling out the rest of the questions as you are prompted.